Consultative Selling and Negotiations
March 10-11, 2020 • Hunt Valley, MD
July 7-8, 2020 • Rolling Meadows, IL
November 17-18, 2020 • Scottsdale, AZ
For all brokers, managing general agents and underwriters who transact business and have relationships with clients
About the Program
WSIA’s Consultative Selling and Negotiations is a customized sales training program for any surplus lines professional who transacts business. This two-day program focuses on expectations in transactional relationships, styles of selling and negotiating, and offers insight into individual strategies and habits. Consultative Selling and Negotiations is not about hard sales tactics. The curriculum prepares participants to develop relationships and place focus on their customers rather than themselves.
The program is offered regionally throughout the year in small group settings, so participants receive individualized instruction. The program is co-produced by Richardson, a leading global sales training and strategy execution company, well-versed in sales training within the surplus lines market.
Learn more about Consultative Selling and Negotiations in the informational program brochure
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for all brokers, managing general agents and underwriters who transact business. It is most beneficial to those E&S professionals who have relationships with clients.
Registration and Fees
- The March 2020 Consultative Selling and Negotiations in Hunt Valley, MD is sold out. If you are interested in attending the July 2020 or November 2020 program and would like to be notified in advance when registration opens, please click here.
- Registration is $1,045 per participant.
- Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the participant.
- Contact Denise Marshall, email@example.com, with any questions.
What Alumni Have To Say
Watch a short video to learn more about Consultative Selling and Negotiations and what past attendees have to say about their experiences.
“The small group setting is ideal for learning. Also, the role playing is structured in a way (small table groups) where you are not intimidated and can practice techniques that you are learning through the day. The class moves along at a pace that keeps you awake and engaged. Well thought-out and put together materials.”
Kristen Horlacher, Superior Underwriters
“The class itself really makes you think about every single interaction you have daily. It gives you the opportunity to slow down and develop your sales and negotiation skills. It helps you understand how carriers/underwriters and brokers do business every day and what they value most of all. It gives you the opportunity to develop your value proposition clearly and concisely.”
Trey Renno, RPS
Read more feedback from past attendees about their Consultative Selling and Negotiations experiences.
Schedule of Events
|7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
|8:30 a.m. - Noon
|Noon - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
|7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
|8:30 - 11:45 a.m.
|11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
|12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
All Risks, Ltd.
10150 York Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley
45 Schilling Rd
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Holiday Inn Express Hunt Valley
11200 York Rd
Cockeysville, MD 21030
Participants should schedule travel to arrive on site before 8:00 a.m. on the first day and depart the training site after 2:30 p.m. on the second day. Please consider your travel time when making airline reservations.
Consultative Selling and Negotiations Program Cancellation Policy
- Registrants can receive a full refund, less a $50 fee for processing, if the request is made by January 14.
- Registrants can receive a 50% refund between January 15 and February 11.
- No refund is offered after February 11.
- Should you cancel less than four weeks from the program date you will have a limited time opportunity to substitute someone else at your firm as an alternative to the above refund policy.