WSIA recognizes member firm dedication to continuation professional development by awarding the WSIA Member Education Advocate (WMEA). This designation is attained by the completion of education requirements through WSIA and non-WSIA education courses and professional designations.
Attaining the new WMEA designation recognizes firms for making a commitment to invite in the ongoing education of their employees beyond requirements associated with P&C licensing and renewal.
WSIA Member Education Advocate (WMEA)
Whether you are looking to become a WMEA or you are re-qualifying, the benefits of professional development will be a source of pride for the employees in your firm and a continued source of confidence and business from your customers and markets. The following information is provided to assist you in completing the submission form to be reviewed and approved by the WSIA Education Committee.
A firm-level designation recognizes firms for making a commitment to invest in the ongoing education of their employees. Designations may be earned at the WSIA parent member level or at a branch level.
Who can apply?
All WSIA members are eligible to apply.
Member firm must meet the following requirements every two years and file required documentation with WSIA:
- 25% of staff must hold a professional designation related to their job in the insurance industry.
- Member firm must attest to an average of sixteen hours of staff education every two years, based on 70% of the firm’s number of full-time employees. No employee may contribute more than 40 hours
per two-year period.
For example, if firm A has 100 employees, then the firm must ensure a total of 100 employees x 70% x 16 hours = 1,120 hours of education in two-year period total for the firm, subject to no employee may contribute more than 40 hours.
Eligible education courses include:
- WSIA education programs
- Courses that have associated CE credits, by the respective accrediting entity, (i.e., State Insurance Department, CPCU Society, Bar Association, etc.), excluding P&C pre-licensing education
- Courses/credits required to obtain or maintain a professional designation. Eligible professional designations include, but are not limited to:
- Education specific to the surplus lines industry that is developed internally or taught by an outside third party
- Employees engaged in teaching others will receive credit for their teaching in an amount equal to class time.
Tracking and Documentation Requirements
- Companies are responsible for tracking their compliance
- Companies must identify individuals with a professional designation and their associated designation
- Companies must illustrate and attest to the staff education component
Contact Lindsay Holland, email@example.com
, for any questions about WMEA and application or renewal process.
WSIA Member Education Advocate (WMEA) Designees
WSIA member firms that have met the requirements and proudly distinguish themselves as a WSIA Member Education Advocate are:
- AmWINS - Burlington, NC
- Associated Insurance Administrators, Inc.
- Bass Underwriters, Inc. - Plantation, FL
- Bloss & Dillard, Inc. - Huntington, WV
- Chris-Leef General Agency - Shawnee Mission, KS
- CIU - Springfield, MO
- Concorde General Agency - Fargo, ND
- CRC - Jackson, MS
- Creative Underwriters Corporation - Carmel, IN
- Forest Insurance Facilities, Inc. - Metairie, LA
- Greenwich Transportation Underwriters - Brentwood, TN
- Hanover Excess & Surplus, Inc. - Wilmington, NC
- J.E. Brown & Associates - Walnut Creek, CA
- Jimcor Agencies - Montvale, NJ
- Johnson & Johnson, Inc. - Mt Pleasant, SC
- MacNeill Group, Inc. - Sunrise, FL
- Market Finders Insurance Corp. - Louisville, KY
- Risk Placement Services - Covington, LA
- Risk Placement Services - Alpharetta, GA
- Risk Placement Services - Eau Claire, WI
- Risk Placement Services - Lexington, KY
- Risk Placement Services - Minneapolis, MN
- Risk Placement Services - Rocklin, CA
- Risk Placement Services - West Des Moines, IA
- Rothert Insurance - Portland, OR
- RT Specialty - Buffalo, NY
- RT Specialty - Houston, TX
- Russell Bond & Co., Inc. - Buffalo, NY
- SeaCoast Underwriters, Inc. - Coral Gables, FL
- Sierra Specialty Insurance Services, Inc. - Clovis, CA
- Southern Insurance Underwriters, Inc. - Atlanta, GA
- Specialty Risk Associates, Inc. - Shreveport, LA
- Surplus Line Managers - Merrimack, NH
- Tuscano Agency, Inc. - Greensburg, PA
- W. A. Schickedanz Agency, Inc. - Belleville, IL
- W. E. Love & Assoc., Inc. - Burlington, NC
- Worldwide Facilities, LLC - Los Angeles, CA