Member Private Functions
On-Site Function Meeting Space
- Meeting space reservation forms are available online for submission to WSIA for your firm’s meeting needs. Please complete the appropriate form and submit to request space.
- WSIA has control of all meeting space and outlet usage at both Annual Marketplace hotels. Forms will not be processed unless you have registered for the Marketplace.
- WSIA has the right to cancel any function booked at the Marketplace hotels without prior approval by a WSIA staff member.
- The sliding scale for allocating meeting space is based upon the number of attendees that are registered per firm follows. Space allocations apply only to space allocated for day meetings. There is no minimum attendee registration for receptions.
- WSIA reserves the right to place your meeting rooms at the Marriott or Hyatt based on availability. WSIA may not be able to fulfill all requests for meeting space.
Click here to complete an On-site Function Meeting Space Form.
Attendees Registered/Maximum Square Footage of Meeting Space and Sliding Scale
||approximately 500 square feet, or 4 rounds of 8
||approximately 1,000 square feet, or 6-8 rounds of 8
||approximately 1,500 square feet, or 9-12 rounds of 8
||approximately 2,000 square feet or 13-16 rounds of 8
Policies and Procedures
On-site functions are allowed as long as they are conducted according to the policies listed below. WSIA must be informed of all on-site functions. WSIA has control of all meeting space at the hotels. If your function is on-site at one of the Marketplace hotels, an on-site Function Listing Form will be emailed to you along with your meeting space confirmation note. Meeting space cannot be requested on any function listing form.
1. Meeting space is available to registered members only. WSIA must have your firm’s completed registration material prior to releasing meeting space for your private function. Please submit the completed form to the WSIA office after you have registered the amount of delegates for the size of room needed. Meeting space is available at the Marriott and Hyatt. The cost of the meeting room is based on your set-up needs and food & beverage order. A $250 service fee per meeting room per day is due with confirmed hotel agreement. Meeting space cannot be held on a 24-hour basis.
2. Due to the limited meeting space available, firms must register at least 10 delegates to have exclusive use of a meeting room during the day. There is no minimum registration requirement for evening functions. Meeting rooms are limited. Forms will not be processed until the delegates are registered for the desired size of meeting room at the Marketplace. Please see the sliding scale for allocation of meeting space based on the number of delegates registered from your firm.
3. Meeting space will be located in a secure area. It will be necessary for all employees, planners and guests to be registered for Marketplace in order to gain access to your private meeting room prior to 5:30 p.m. No exceptions will be made.
4. Day meeting space is available from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
5. Evening meeting space is available after 7:30 p.m. on Monday and after 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday for receptions and dinners.
6. Only on-site functions are allowed Monday prior to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday prior to 7:30 p.m.
7. No functions or transportation to functions may conflict with the Opening Reception on Monday, September 24 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
8. All receptions that require more than an hour set-up time for décor and entertainment and require space for more than 150 persons will be placed at the Hyatt. The Hyatt will have adequate ballroom space and additional set-up time for receptions. WSIA will utilize all the ballroom space at the Marriott for the Brokers’ Lounge and The Club.
9. Signage is limited to directly outside meeting rooms only.
Off-Site Group Functions
Off-site group functions are allowed as long as they are conducted according to the policies listed below. Functions are defined as meetings, outings, luncheons, receptions and dinners.
1. WSIA must be informed of all off-site functions and motor coach activity at the hotels via the Off-Site Function Form.
2. Only on-site functions will be allowed Monday prior to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday prior to 7:30 p.m. Off-site functions will be permitted after 7:30 p.m. both evenings.
3. No functions or transportation to functions may conflict with the Opening Reception on Monday, September 24 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Please schedule transportation to off-site events on Monday to begin no earlier than 7:30 p.m.
4. All day meetings must be held at a Marketplace hotel. Click here to complete an off-site Function Form