Security and Transportation
Our first priority is the safety of WSIA attendees. The best way to be safe is to be aware of your surroundings and to avoid situations where you feel uncomfortable.
Security Outside Hotel - Ambassador Force of Atlanta
The Ambassador Force of Atlanta is a group of more than 60 individuals who patrol downtown Atlanta to provide directions as well as direct contact to city emergency services. Marked by their distinctive red, white and blue uniforms they can be found throughout downtown on foot, Segways and bicycles. Ambassadors can escort visitors to and from events. To contact the Ambassadors or arrange an escort, call 404.215.9600. You can also visit their booth at Peachtree and Andrew Young International Blvd.
Ambassador Hours are:
Monday- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. - Midnight
Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - Midnight
- Do not answer the door in a hotel room without verifying who it is.
- When returning to your hotel at night, use the main entrance of the hotel and look around before entering parking lots.
- Close your hotel door securely with all available locks when you enter your room.
- Place all valuables in the hotel safe.
- Know your destination and the best way to reach it.
- Travel along well-lit routes and don't walk alone if possible. Don't be distracted by your cell phone or headphones.
- Remove your meeting badge outside the hotels.
- Establish a “buddy” system with another meeting attendee; share schedules and check up on each other periodically.
- Do not give money to panhandlers. Monetary solicitation is illegal in the downtown convention area.
- Laptop computers are attractive, easy targets for thieves. Be sure your laptop is in a secure place.
Enjoy easy access to public transportation. Each hotel's concierge can assist with an Uber, taxi, rental car, train schedule or airport shuttle.
Use Uber car services to travel throughout Atlanta. You can download the Uber app and have car service in minutes. With estimated quotes and arrival times, you’ll be well on your way in no time.
Access Atlanta Group, LLC
MARTA’s trains, buses and para-transit vehicles provide about 420,000 passenger trips within the city of Atlanta and Fulton and DeKalb counties every weekday. Accessible directly from the airport, MARTA provides public transportation that is convenient, safe and clean. Peachtree Center Station is 0.1 mile from the Marriott and Hyatt.