Member Private Functions
On-site Function Meeting Space - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- Complete this form to request meeting space for your firm's needs. There is a waitlist for Monday (3/2) day meeting space. Day meeting space is still available on Tuesday (3/3) and Wednesday (3/4) from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Space is still available for your evening receptions and dinners. Upon completion of the meeting space request form, Debbie Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org, will contact you about the requested meeting space.
- WSIA has control of all meeting space and outlet usage at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa during the event.
- Forms will not be processed unless you have registered the proper number of delegates for the Summit.
- WSIA has the right to cancel any function booked at the resort without prior approval by WSIA staff. Firms must have at least 10 delegates registered for the Summit in order to reserve one meeting room. Limit one meeting room per firm.
- Firms with less than 10 delegates registered are encouraged to utilize Club tables and suites. Club tables may be reserved during the registration process.
Policies and Procedures
On-site functions are allowed as long as they are conducted according to the policies listed below. WSIA must be informed of all on-site functions. WSIA has control of all meeting space at the hotel. If your function is on-site at the resort, an on-site Function Listing Form will be emailed to you along with your meeting space confirmation note. Meeting space cannot be requested on any function listing form.
1. Meeting space is available to registered members only. WSIA must have your firm’s completed registration material prior to releasing meeting space for your private function. The cost of the meeting room is based on your set-up needs and food and beverage order. A $250 service fee per meeting room per day is due with confirmed hotel agreement. Meeting space cannot be held on a 24-hour basis. One meeting room per firm may be reserved for day meetings.
2. Due to the limited meeting space available, firms must register at least 10 delegates to have exclusive use of a meeting room during the day. There is no minimum registration requirement for evening functions. Meeting rooms are limited. Forms will not be processed until the 10 delegates are registered.
3. Meeting space will be located in an area that requires a 2020 Underwriting Summit badge to enter. It will be necessary for all employees, planners and guests to be registered for the Summit in order to gain access to your private meeting room prior to 5:30 p.m. No exceptions will be made.
4. Day meeting space is available from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Monday, from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday and from 7:00 a.m. – Noon on Wednesday. Firms whose meeting rooms are not also being utilized for receptions may have the opportunity to extend their hours to conclude at 5:00 p.m. You will be notified if that's possible after January 10.
5. Reception meeting space is available after 5:00 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday for receptions and dinners.
6. No functions or transportation to functions may conflict with the Opening Reception on Sunday, March 1 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
7. Member signage is limited to directly outside meeting rooms only. No signage is permitted in the ballroom foyers or lobby.