Frequently Asked Questions
WSIA Annual Marketplace | November 16-19, 2021
San Diego, CA | Manchester Grand Hyatt and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
When will registration open and how can I make hotel reservations?
- Registration opens August 4 at 10:00 a.m. CT. WSIA will message all past attendees and post links on the WSIA website at that time.
- Hotel accommodations at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina can be reserved after registering for Annual Marketplace. Additional sleeping rooms are available at the Embassy Suites San Diego Downtown and the Westin San Diego Downtown. Reservation links will be included in your registration confirmation. Housing will not open until August 4.
What COVID-related guidelines will WSIA follow?
WSIA's primary goal is the health and safety of all Annual Marketplace attendees. We are carefully monitoring, and will adhere to, all CDC, San Diego and hotel guidance leading up to the event.
- WSIA will not require attendees be vaccinated but will ask all attendees to adhere to current CDC guidance for indoor and outdoor activities. Currently, there will be no required masking, physical distancing, pre or post-travel quarantine, or temperature checks. The CDC continues to recommend that unvaccinated individuals adhere to protective measures in all settings, including wearing masks, physically distancing and regular handwashing. WSIA will make disposable masks and hand sanitizer widely available, and our hotel partners are committed to enhanced, regular cleaning and sanitizing of meeting spaces and common areas.
- WSIA has contracted for double the amount of common meeting space in 2021 vs. prior years and will set all the WSIA Brokers' Lounges and The Club at 75% of the hotels' listed maximum capacity. WSIA encourages all member firms with private meeting space to consider and communicate guidelines or safety protocols for meetings held in their event spaces. WSIA will not be responsible for the administration of guidelines in members' private meeting spaces.
- Appropriate precautions and alternatives will be implemented for meals, food, and beverage provided during WSIA sponsored events, which we anticipate will include individually-wrapped food items and the choice of a boxed meal for attendees to eat in their room or outdoors.
- Individuals exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should not participate in any WSIA events, sessions or meetings in the WSIA or private meeting spaces. WSIA will provide a list of area resources available to registrants exhibiting symptoms. We understand that these resources include local Be Well and Urgent Care Clinics as well as some private concierge services that will come to an individual’s hotel room.
What else will be different this year?
To accommodate reduced room capacities, and due to our growing number of annual attendees, WSIA meeting spaces will be co-headquartered at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina beginning this year. You should schedule meetings accordingly to allow time to move between the two properties. A clear, well-signed walking route will highlight the shortest route between the hotels.
- Brokers' Lounge Zones 1-3; breakfast and lunch will be available in these areas
- Member firms' private meeting space
- On-site registration
- The Club; breakfast and lunch will be available in this area
- Brokers' Lounge Zones 5 and 6; breakfast and lunch will be available in these areas
- Member firms' private meeting space
- Brokers' Lounge Zone 4
- Pre-registered badge pickup
- Opening Reception
How much is registration?
- Delegate Registration = $875 until September 20. After September 20, it is $975.
- First-time Professional and Financial Lines Attendees = $450
- Guest registration = $325 until September 20. After September 20, it is $425.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Requests received by the WSIA office by September 21 will be subject to a $50 administrative fee.
- Requests received between September 22 and October 8 will be subject to a 50% cancellation charge.
- There will be no refunds offered after October 8.
When can we entertain our trading partners?
- TUESDAY | Off-site functions are allowed anytime.
- WEDNESDAY | Only on-site functions are allowed prior to 4:00 p.m., with the exception of luncheons. Off-site functions are allowed after 6:00 p.m. Functions cannot conflict with the Opening Reception from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- THURSDAY | Only on-site functions are allowed prior to 7:30 p.m., with the exception of luncheons. Off-site functions are allowed after 7:30 p.m.
Where will I pick up my badge when I arrive?
- If you have already registered online in advance of arriving in San Diego, you can pick up your badge in the tented area on the Marina Terrace, outdoors between the Marriott and Hyatt hotels. If you have not yet registered when you arrive on-site, you may register on the 2nd floor of the Hyatt in the Palm Foyer.
Are there sponsorships available?
- There are no sponsorship opportunities associated with WSIA's Annual Marketplace. Firms are encouraged to consider advertising in the WSIA Digital Daily that's produced in partnership with ALM Media/National Underwriter. You can learn more here.
- Firms with registered attendees may also reserve a table in The Club. Club Tables are reserved for a firm's exclusive use and your firm's logo will be highlighted on the table and chairs. Club Tables are $2,350 each and firms may reserve up to five during the registration process beginning August 4.
- No exhibit hall is planned for this meeting.
Do you have to be a WSIA member to attend?
Yes. You can learn more about WSIA membership on the WSIA website. For specific membership questions, please contact Keri Kish, email@example.com.
What is the recommended attire?
Recommended dress for the Opening Reception and sessions is business casual attire - sport coat and slacks for men and pants or skirts for women.
General Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration, Sleeping Rooms & Suites – email@example.com
Private Meeting Rooms and Receptions – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Club and Program Specialist Lounge – email@example.com
Media Inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org