Frequently Asked Questions
WSIA U40 Annual Meeting | October 10-12, 2021
Austin, TX | Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
What COVID-related guidelines will WSIA follow?
WSIA's primary goal is the health and safety of all U40 Annual Meeting attendees. We are carefully monitoring, and will adhere to, all CDC, Austin and hotel guidance leading up to the event.
- WSIA will not require attendees be vaccinated but will ask all attendees to adhere to current CDC guidance for indoor and outdoor activities. Currently, there will be no required masking, physical distancing, pre or post-travel quarantine, or temperature checks.
- The CDC continues to recommend that unvaccinated individuals adhere to protective measures in all settings, including wearing masks, physically distancing and regular handwashing. WSIA will make disposable masks and hand sanitizer widely available, and our hotel partners are committed to enhanced, regular cleaning and sanitizing of meeting spaces and common areas.
- WSIA will set all the meeting space at 75% of the hotels' listed maximum capacity.
- Appropriate precautions and alternatives will be implemented for meals, food, and beverage provided during WSIA sponsored events, which we anticipate will include individually-wrapped food items and the choice of a boxed meal for attendees to eat in their room or outdoors.
- Individuals exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should not participate in any WSIA events, sessions or meetings. WSIA will provide a list of area resources available to registrants exhibiting symptoms.
Who is attending?
- A list of registered attendees will be updated here weekly beginning July 26, 2021.
Where will I pick up my badge when I arrive?
- At the WSIA registration and hospitality desk in the main lobby, on the third floor of the hotel Sunday, October 10 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
What resources are available to first-time attendees?
- WSIA’s U40 Board will host an optional webinar to answer first-time attendees' "what to know before you go" questions. First-time attendees are also invited to a networking reception on Sunday, October 10 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on the Creekside Patio on the second floor of the hotel.
What is the "It's a WATERfull Life!" team-building activity on Tuesday?
- Uzima Clean Water Mission makes access to clean water a reality for areas in need around the world. An icebreaker will determine teams, then the games begin. Using iPads, teams earn points by completing a variety of physical and mental challenges. As various benchmarks are met, the tools and supplies needed to assemble the emergency, portable water filtration systems will be passed out. These filtration systems are sent to refugee camps and problem areas around the world, wherever there is a necessity for clean drinking water. This activity is included in the delegate and full guest registrations.
Are there sponsorships available?
- There are no sponsorship or exhibitor opportunities associated with WSIA's U40 Annual Meeting.
Do you have to be a WSIA's U40 member to attend?
- Yes, and anyone who is under 40 and employed by a WSIA member firm can join online here at no charge.
What is the recommended attire?
- Recommended dress for the education sessions and networking receptions is smart casual attire - jeans or slacks and collared shirts or blouses. Comfortable footwear is recommended for the Tuesday afternoon teambuilding activity.
General Questions – email@example.com
Registration Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Inquiries - email@example.com